Welcome To ICHTH Website
The International Commission for the History and Theory of Historiography is nonprofit organization affiliated to the Comité International des Sciences Historiques (CISH). The Association brings together scholars interested or engaged in research and teaching into history and theory of historiography.
The Association is seeking to fulfil the following roles:
- to provide a strategic center for the advancement and co-ordination of efforts to promote and expand interest in all aspects of historiography, theory of history and theoretical issues of various ways of knowing the past among scholars from across the world representing various cultures;
- to avoid regional or ethnocentric preoccupations in order to ensure that the Commission reflects the various theoretical interests in the past and ways of approaching the past;
- to encourage and support frequent conferences, workshops and consultancies aimed at promoting the subject in a variety of learning situations;
- to establish and maintain close links with learned journals, academic institutions and networks specializing in historiography and theoretical approaches to the study of the past;
- to award the ICHTH Doctoral Dissertation Prize and the ICHTH Book Prize for the theory and history of historiography.
The ICHTH Doctoral Dissertation Prize for the History and Theory of Historiography (2017)
ICHTH Bureau meeting minutes,
Tallinn, 25 August 2018
Ewa Domanska - mission letter
Call for Papers - Workshop
Émigré scholars: Historians in Exile and the Writing of History in the 20th century (organized by Prof. Dr. Stefan Berger and PD Dr. Philipp Müller)
Bochum, September 19-21, 2019
XXIII International Congress of Historical Sciences in Poznań, Poland (August 23-29, 2020)